Wednesday, April 1, 2009

My New Hobby

Okay, I know what your thinking; "Like she needs a new hobby!" Yes, I agree two kids under the age of two, a full time job, and junior auxiliary duties just aren't enough. I need something else. Last April I got my first sewing machine, and in the fall I took my first sewing class, and then I was hooked! First, because you would flip your lid if you knew how inexpensively you could make your own kids clothes, second because you get tired of your kid looking like everyone eleses on the block, and third because sometimes you just need a creative outlet. Sew, I cannot get enough of the blogs that stay-at-home moms have started to support their craft and their choice to be at home with their children. Wish I could do the same, but my husband would not begin to hear of that idea! I added a link list to some of the cute blogs. Check them out and support these women!

1 comment:

I'm Kate... said...

You are never going to believe this - but Melia at the Cherry Tree is one of my dearest friends from Nasvhille. :) Her little boy Hudson is DARLING and she is just as amazing! :) Small world, huh!! She used to work with my best friend Heather at Enterprise, and we all used to live in the same crappy mouse-infested apartment complex in Nashville. :) She's so sweet!

I know what you mean - a new hobby... what?!?!? When to squeeze it in? You have to, girl. You need a creative outlet! I can't wait to see some of you craftiness! :)