Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Headed to Lehbonner

Here is the story on Cooper. Monday night was a rough night. He coughed and spit up continually all throughout the night. When we got up Tuesday morning I knew things were just not right. First, Cooper has never coughed a day in his life unless it was related to taking in too much milk at one time during feeding. Second, He is a wonderful morning baby; always smiling and cooing, but not this morning. So as soon as the Dr's office opened I called and left a message with the nurse. Her return call instructed me to make an appointment to see the dr asap and get an RSV test done. The test was POSITIVE. Brian and I had tried so hard to keep the boys apart. We changed clothes when switching between kids and we washed our hands until the skin felt like it could peel off, and all for nothing! This is so disappointing! The Dr. said that Cooper didn't sound awful, but it wasn't great either. Probably the beginning of the virus. He felt it would be safest to admit him to Lehbonner for observation over the next 48 to 72 hours at least. These appear to be the worst of the virus days. By the time he mentioned the possibility of apnea episodes, my bags were already packed. There was no way I was risking anything! So, here we are at Lehbonner, and yes it is 2:00 am. I cannot wait to see the sun rise. Cooper has already had to be suctioned because of all the congestion. We found that the best way to get him to sleep comfortably is to let him sleep in the carseat, so that's where he is now. Brian and I are both sleeping on a couch, so you can imagine how much sleep we are actually getting. However, I am glad we are here. I would not have wanted to go through this night or any of the others to follow without these great nurses. I know I am blessed and I am continually praising God for the comfort He is providing Coop in his moments of rest. Please be in prayer for our little man. I will keep you updated. Love you all!

No comments: