Sunday, September 7, 2008

On Our Way To Recovery

The past 2 weeks have been rough at our house, and that is part of the reason for no new post. Mack and I have both been sick, and Brian has been our wonderful caretaker.

Two weeks ago I thought I had the stomach virus, but I new I had never had one that intense before. It started Monday night when I got home from work, and by Tuesday morning I couldn't get out of the bed to even make it to the bathroom without thinking I was going to pass out!! My OBGYN called me in prescriptions to help, but nothing was relieving me. By Thursday I had met my limit. I agreed to go to the hospital for some outpatient IV fluids. Man, who knew that sugar water could do so much for you? I felt like a new woman on Friday, even though I still couldn't keep anything in my stomach, and was the color of the Jolly Green Giant. On Friday, a friend of mine that works at Tri-Lakes talked me into getting a couple of test run just for interest sake, and last Wednesday I was diagnosed with SALMONELLA POISONING!!!!! I am still pretty much on the soft foods liquid diet and can't stay out of the bathroom without the help of Imodium, but I am taking an antibiotic now and hope to be on the way to recovery.

Mack got sick Wednesday night after I found out my diagnosis. He has the stomach virus. Praise the Lord he is finally feeling some better. He has gone all day with no medicine for fever and only 4 poops.

The Lord really takes care of His children! I want to praise Him for keeping Brian healthy. One of us had to be able to take care of our little man during his sick times and Brian was such a huge help!

No comments: